January 15, 2010

Personal Space Issues

Last night I had production training at church that didn't start until 7. So I left work and picked up some library books and headed over to Panera. I ordered my dinner and sat down in what I thought was going to be a quiet corner of the restaurant. I brought "Half-Broke Horses" with me to read. I'm really enjoying this book and thought I could get through a lot of it before having to leave for church.

It was only after getting settled that I noticed the woman directly across from me was talking on her cell phone while eating her salad. LOUDLY. It was as if she was in the booth with me talking away about her family, etc. So annoying. But I did manage to tune her out eventually. Until the high school kids decided to take a table right behind me and use their time to talk about their college applications, etc. Not the most relaxing environment, but I made it work.

I am determined to get out of the house more and not be such a homebody. Although that is exactly what I have planned for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment